Friday, June 19, 2009

Student Perspective: Patrick

Hey y’all. Well, it’s been four days and I’ll tell ya, it’s been amazing. I’ve been sweating buckets and drinking gallons, but I’ve made great friends and have worked so hard. Today we got the roof of the house started. Well mom, sorry to tell ya, but I was up on the roof by myself for awhile loading up on zinc roofing and holding it so it can be attached. It was hot, exhausting work, but I never thought on that. I spent my time focusing on the view from the top. It was beautiful. I felt so close to God, I felt His hand holding me and helping me balance. I think I was up there for two hours in the sun.

The second day I received some news from home……it really threw me. My great-grandma had had a stroke. I just read though that she is doing fine and will be okay. The past few days I pushed myself and all I could think about was how much God has blessed me with having my grandma in my life. Every situation on the work site reminded me of the good memories I have had with my grandma and it really helped me push.

God’s hand is at work in Jamaica and it is amazing to watch people in the group see God and draw His infinite love around them. Please pray for this trip and for the people here. More to come. - Pat Meade

1 comment:

Mom and Dad said...

Dear Patrick,

What a wonderful post. God is holding your hand, and he will walk with you through every storm and every rainbow.

We are so pleased that you are growing and embracing this time in Jamacia. Grandma loves you and keep praying for Gods will, he is in charge and will take care of Grandma.

Now...about the roof...we will talk about that later! Just kidding.

Be safe, have fun but most of all We love you and we are so proud of you and your teammates on this trip, you are an awesome group of young men and women!

We can not wait to see you when you return and hear about your awesome journey. Embrace your devotionals, listen to God Patrick, open your heart and hear him.

Love Mom and Dad